Whenever a thought comes to your mind, say to yourself perhaps the opposite of it is also true to some extent
- We live in a friendly world; this world is not a friendly place.
- There is an ultimate meaning to human life; there is no ultimate meaning to human life.
- People are selfish; they care about us.
- I am smart; I have been foolish.
- I am knowledgeable; my knowledge is very limited.
- My parents understand me; they don’t understand me.
- My friends care about me; they don’t care about me.
- It is good to have pleasurable experiences, it is good to experience unpleasant situations – as they teach us more than our pleasurable experiences.
- Ignoring people’s faults is a good thing, being mindful of their faults is a good thing.
- You should have the ability to work with unpleasant people; you should stay away from unpleasant people
- Live as if today is your last day, live as if you will live for eternity.
- We are not in full control of our lives; we are in full control of our life.
- It is good to be in solitude, it is good to be in the company of others.
- Silence is a sign of strength; silence can be a sign of weakness.
- You can’t change the destiny of anyone apart from yourself in the slightest. One person can change the whole world, look at Jesus, Buddha, Gandhi, Prophet Mohammed, Abraham Lincoln etc.
- Childhood adversity can make you a strong person, it can break you down.
- If you want to develop strong positive characters in society – it’s good to catch people young, catching people young and indoctrinating their minds can create serious conflicts in their minds, they will be set upon a task they are not ready for.
(1) Your body is a shrine of the lord, the Being inside is worthy of worship – Swami Rama
(2) You body is temporary, like a puddle of water on the street and will disappear soon (and your youth much quicker) – Kabir
(3) take care of your body the way to take care of a wound – otherwise, your suffering will increase – Buddha
© Kishore Chandiramani, Consultant Psychiatrist
Emotions Clinic, Education and Training Centre Cic, Staffordshire, England